Wishes during Pet Loss Grief
When you wish for something to happen there is hope and where there is hope there is kindness. And where there is kindness there is love. Wishes during pet loss grief are important to have. They help keep you steady. They are a beautiful way to ease your pain.
Intentional Wishes during Pet Loss
When going through the journey of pet loss grief it is easy to get caught in the mire of negativity and despair. When you are in this stage of loss your wishes for something different to happen can be difficult to embrace. Keep in mind this is expected and normal. In fact, when faced with the pending death or a loss that already happened set your intentions for simple and obtainable wishes to support your heart and journey. When you design your personalized wishes it gives your soul a landing place. Something we all need when going through the wretchedness of pet loss grief.
Some Simple Wishes
Sometimes it can be difficult to think of healthy wishes during pet loss grief while you are grieving. You mind is chaotic and your reality is ascue. I would like to help you by providing some wishes that will get you started. Here are some wishes you can fall back on if you are having difficulty finding some of your own. These may inspire you to personalize the hope you so desire which will provide kindness during this special time.
- I wish for a moment where my memories with my companion would bring me joy.
- I wish for my companion to be comfortable.
- I wish for strength each day even if it is for a fleeting moment.
- I wish to have my mind experience quietness.
- I wish for love and kindness to penetrate my soul during this special time.
You May be Feeling at this Point . . .
With wishes during pet loss grief you may think that you shouldn’t be feeling joy, quiet, or kindness at this time. I get that! In fact, I feel like that every time one of my companions die. But when I do the work—which grief and loss takes my soul feels so much better.
As an animal lover your goal during this time is to make your beloved companion as comfortable as you can. It can take a lot of energy and attention as a caretaker. Your body, mind, and spirit needs time to replenish. So, creating wishes during pet loss grief will help you do that so you can give one-hundred percent to your family member.
Insight for Your Wishes
When you feel your emotions of pet loss grief take them by the hand one-by-one. Look at your feelings closely and ask them, “What do you need?” The answer may give you time to breath, time to reflect, and time to heal. These are three wishes to embrace.
~ Wendy Van de Poll, MS, CEOL
- Write down ten words that describe what you need right now. Example: health, joy, peace, etc.
- Next, take five of those words and make them into five “I wish . . . ” statements. Example: “I wish that during my morning coffee I feel one moment of joy!”
- Write your five wish statements on a few notecards and place them around your home for reminders. Feel free to come up with new wish statements as your journey progresses and create as many as you wish.