The Flow of Pet Loss Grief
Are you struggling against the seemingly endless current of pet loss grief?
Is your grief journey making you feel uncomfortable because of its ebb and flow?
Are your grief surges overwhelming and you wish they would stop?
Please keep in mind that all of the above are real struggles when dealing with the loss of pet. The intensity is different for everyone. You may feel all three every single day, whereas, someone else may only feel one each month.
The Struggle is Normal
Many people do struggle against the flow of grief and others go with the flow. It all depends on your personality, your experience, and the relationship you had with your beloved companion.
There is no right or wrong way to experience your grief. But please keep in mind the more you chart and navigate your pet loss journey and the emotions you are going through the struggle loses its force.
The Flow of Pet Loss Grief
Let’s talk about the struggle against the flow of pet loss grief.
One thing I tell my Animal Mediumship clients and my Pet Loss clients is—unattended grief loves to set up house-keeping in your emotional and spiritual bodies. It is normal for grief to do so and grief can be super sneaky.
When you let grief flow through your heart and essence so many profound ways of healing can take place.
When you block grief from its ebb and flow and try to either push it away or ignore it—an energetic dam is built. Grief gets all nice and cozy within your essence of being—not wanting to leave. You don’t want that—why? Because with future grief experiences it can flood your senses with more intensity and discord.
I Encourage You
Along with my clients I encourage you to allow the flow of pet loss grief to happen. Your soul will feel good when you are ready to go with the flow of grief and ride its currents.
It isn’t easy . . . but know you don’t have to do this journey alone. Here are 5-ways to embrace the flow of grief in your life.
Here are 5-Ways To Embrace the Flow of Grief
- Have a supportive support system is key. But make sure they listen to your story and not try and tell you what to do. It is important for you to share your experiences.
- Consider an Animal Mediumship session where you get to have your questions asked and answered. This helps so many people through guilt, sadness, and other forms of normal grief.
- Become an expert with the nuances of pet loss grief. The cliché Knowledge is Power is 100% true. Study everything you can about grief and loss.
- Write love letters to your pet. I have an article here for you to read.
- Be kind to yourself—always. Pet loss is hard. Its raw and sticky. But kindness will help the flow of grief keep moving.
Insight to Go With the Flow of Pet Loss Grief
Learning to swim into the current can guide you to feel a deep connection to the heart-centered force you had with your pet.
It takes courage—but you will open yourself to savor your memories in a positive and healing way.
My heart is with you.
Wendy Van de Poll, MS, CEOL
- Take notice when feelings of grief come up for you.
- Put your hands on your heart and focus on you breathing.
- Allow the flow of your breath slow down and allow peace to return. (This will take practice)