- Certified End-of-Life and Grief Coach
- Certified Life Coach
- AAVSB/RACE certified courses for Pet Loss
- Certified Essence of the Enneagram Practitioner (IEA Accreditation Pending)
- Developer of The Pet Loss Grief Mentor Certification
- Master of Science in Wolf Ecology and Behavior
- Licensed Massage Therapist for Humans
- Certified Massage Therapist for Horse and Hound
- Reiki II for people
- Certified in Animal Reiki
- Tested Medium for Scientific Research with AfterLifeData.com
- Certified Medical Herbalist
- Certified Medical Aromatherapist
- Certified in Tellington TTouch® for Companion Animals
- Twelve-time bestselling author of The Pet Bereavement Series, Healing a Child’s Pet Loss Grief, The Pet Professional’s Guide to Pet Loss
- International bestselling co-author of Choosing Happiness about how the death of Wendy’s dog Marley helped her choose happiness in life!
- The Holistic Dog: Inside the Canine Mind, Body, Spirit, Space ~ expert interview in Laura Benko’s book
- Numerous types of energy healing training
Professional Memberships Credentials
- International Association for Animal Hospice and Palliative Care (IAAHPC)
- American Massage Therapy Association (past)
- American Association of Human-Animal Bond Veterinarians (AAH-ABV) (associate)
- The Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement (APLB)
Wendy’s Eclectic Side Credentials
- She has run with wild wolves in Minnesota, coyotes in Massachusetts, and foxes in her backyard.
- Owns a Mensa puppy! (Wendy’s term for her very smart pooch)
- Bachelor’s thesis, “Of Woman and Animals,” was all about animal communication and the powerful relationship woman have with animals,
- Showed dogs (Samoyeds) for 4 years
- Long-distance swimmer and swims to raise money for the survival of loons every year for the past 12 years. Raised over $155,000!
- Passionate about holistic health
- Tracked wild wolves in -60 degrees by herself
- Self-taught in homeopathy, flower essences, and nutrition
- Trains dogs in agility, obedience, scent-tracking and other fun doggie stuff
- Volunteers as a pet therapist in a local assisted living facility
- A total dog nerd
- When at a party, she is often seen playing with the host’s pets!
Learn Wendy’s personal story about pet loss grief and check out her media page.